Wednesday, May 26, 2010

May 21 - 23. Beer, Burgers, and Burns


After work on Friday I met up with a group of ex-pats including a friend of Kathy’s from work. We had dinner and drinks at Citizen Kofi, an upscale entertainment complex in Osu. The rather garish purple and orange building has a bar and restaurant on the top floor, another bar on the ground floor, and a lounge area and two separate nightclubs on the three floors in between. After dinner we headed over to a nearby bar called Bella Roma for a few more drinks.


Saturday morning found me headed back to Osu for a brunch consisting of fries and an Egg and Cheese Burger – the latter served with a fried egg, just as I came to enjoy while travelling in New Zealand. On Saturday evening I met up with Duncan, a British Department for International Development worker I’d met the night before, to watch the Champions League Final between Inter Milan and Bayern Munich. While the wrong team – i.e. Inter – won, the atmosphere at the Honeysuckle Pub was good, and it seems like a great place to catch some England matches during the World Cup. For Ghana’s games I figure it will be more enjoyable to watch them on the street at a local “chop bar.”


On Sunday the 23rd I joined Keith, Kathy, Ella, Megan, and Megan’s friend Hope for a relaxing day at Kokrobite beach, about an hour’s drive to the west of Accra. It was a lovely spot, and I managed to return slightly less burned than I was after my previous trip to the beach.

No comments:

Post a Comment