Thursday, July 1, 2010

June 23. Deja Vu

At work today I worked on a speech for the Speaker of Parliament to give at an upcoming conference of women Speakers of Parliament. If this sounds familiar to any of my loyal readers, it’s because the Speaker’s topic at the conference has apparently just changed. So now I’m to write a new speech on ensuring universal access to health care and improving service delivery for women and children. Apparently, the earlier speech I wrote on empowering women has come to naught. C’est la vie, I suppose.

This evening Ghana lost 1-0 to Germany. However, thanks to a slight upset win by Australia over Serbia, Ghana goes through as the second place finisher in their group on goal difference. In other World Cup news, the U.S. does it again and pulls out a last-minute win. Combined with England’s 1-0 win over Slovenia, this means the U.S. takes on Ghana in the second round with England looking destined to break my heart once again when they face off with the dangerous Germans.

No comments:

Post a Comment